Bob Pauli: 'local boy looking VERY good in print. [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Bob Pauli: 'local boy looking VERY good in print.

fredaevans
03-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Have my hands on the Feb-March 2003 issue of Salmon Trout Steelheader Magazine and Bob's got a feature article on pages 56-63. Very well done .... but the size of the fish he's holding will make you cry.

Recommend you drop the dime for this issue has his comparisons of single handed rod fishing vs. spey's is really well done. However, the picture of him holding a 23 # sea run brown trout should be declared illegal. Lordie that's one big fish!

Colour me "green with envy."
fae

Speynut
03-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Fred,
I couldn't say it better.

Bob,
Congratulations on a well written and informative article for those considering picking up a two hander. You really provided their readers with some good insights and perspective. For a short format article, I think you really nailed it. Now regarding those gorgeous fish shots, how in the hell did you ever find a Safeway in BC and Argentina? John
:hehe:

Bob Pauli
03-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Fred and John,
Thanks for the good words.

Here is 20 pounder taken four weeks ago.

Bob Pauli
03-04-2003, 12:50 AM
And a 27 pound buck. 41" by 23" girth.

Speynut
03-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Bob,
I can't speak for Fred but when I grow up I want to fish the same runs you've been visiting. What outstanding fish. That brown buck is so big it looks like a salmon as first glance. Well done sir! John:smokin: