Weather seems to have loosened it's grip... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Weather seems to have loosened it's grip...

juro
08-10-2001, 03:49 PM
But we don't have enough for the rip.

What's the plan for the Chatham fan?

Nick
08-10-2001, 04:06 PM
Juro,
I'm free now for Saturday. I am planning on the Chatham area, what's on your agenda? Monomoy drop? Brewster? Yak Bone II?
Nick

Jimmy
08-10-2001, 04:13 PM
Even if it costs a little more out of pocket at the boat, I'm in.

Jimmy

Craig
08-10-2001, 04:13 PM
I'm free for Saturday.

We could always just put up the extra and still go to the Rip.
If 7 are signed up that would be 42/43 a man.

juro
08-10-2001, 05:09 PM
I heard the fishing really s-l-o-w on the flats... CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT! }>

My favorite time to sight fish is when they are hard to get, when they are easy you might as well blind cast. Well, I don't mind that either. ;) I have a new flats fly I want to test as well. If I get my hall pass the afternoon flood has my name on it, probably South Beach inside though since I haven't hit that since June.

What about the morning.... it's outer beaches time of year and I have heard confirming reports. Pre-dawn, full tides, haven't been past Welfleet all year...

Crack of dawn at the ends of the finger channels on the bayside flats, full tides, have had the fish tailing. I had a great outing on Brewster Flats at high tide recently...

Scoping the south cape for hardtails... we know a few spots where a yak and a bone could meet... only one week before the bone clave... I know the Fabulous Estey Bros. are scouting bones this weekend. I can't wait to hear the reports.

Anyone else scouting the boneclave waters this weekend?

FishHawk
08-10-2001, 06:42 PM
Sounds like the Rip trip is questionable . I would go if its $43 per man. Would like to know by 8:00pm need to get to sleep before I get up at 3:30 for the trip down.
FishHawk

juro
08-10-2001, 10:22 PM
Fishhawk -

I think we should postpone until the weekend after Boneclave. Sorry I was unable to reply until now.

I'll be bouncing around the Chatham area in the AM, call me on the cell phone if you want to hook up.

FishHawk
08-11-2001, 02:15 AM
Weekend after BoneClave sounds good .
FishHawk