Flooding? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flooding?

willmullis
02-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Anyone in their neck of the woods getting some impressive flooding. We are not as bad off as alot of places I've seen on the news, but it's getting there. The Ohio River is already above flood stage and a local stream that I drive by every day has a dam and it has disappeared where the water level has completely gone over it. I've never seen that one before.

pmflyfisher
02-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Flooding :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

First we need snow and rain which we have not seen all winter here in the western great lakes to any degree.

I wish we had flood conditions.

Please rain and steelhead gods water soon please.

PM Out

fredaevans
02-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Water only coming in behind the dam above Medford at about 1750 cfs (that's the WHOLE Rogue system!) and output at 804. Minimum drought conditions water release is 750 cfs. Problem is the water is (obviously) too low, but it's also pretty darned cold too. Mr. Fish has himself wrapped in a warm blanket to keep from 'freezing.'
fae

fishheadfred
03-01-2003, 12:38 AM
whassup buckeye,

Hometown in Eastern Ky was hit hard with mudslides and cave ins at the mines...no injuries though...happens every year. flash flooding is a huge problem in my hometown...the elevation is such that my county is the only county in the state of ky that no water flows into...it all flows out ...so when the storms come, look out if you are downstream... last weekend alone we had a tornado, a hail storm, thundersnow, and awoke Sun. morning to 6 inches of the white stuff in Mom' s backyard....got home to central Ky later that same day, not a flake on the ground here!!!!